Economic Development - General Information
- Staff & Services
- New Business Checklist
IF YOUR BUSINESS WAS LOCATED IN BURR RIDGE, YOU WOULD BE HOME BY NOW!
The Village and its Ad Hoc Economic Development Committee are proud of the quality business environment that has been developed in our community and believe that many of the same reasons why business owners and top corporate executives chose Burr Ridge as a place to live are applicable to choosing a location for their businesses. With this in mind, the Burr Ridge Economic Development Committee would like to meet with local residents who own or manage businesses about the advantages of relocating their businesses to Burr Ridge. If you are such a resident and would like more information about business opportunities in our community, call Steven Stricker, Village Administrator, at (630) 654-8181, extension 2000.
Staff & Services
Steven S. Stricker
J. Douglas Pollock
New Business Checklist
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE STARTING A NEW BUSINESS IN BURR RIDGE:
- A building permit is required for remodeling including, but not limited to, relocation of walls and doors; adding or modifying electrical or plumbing fixture; reconstruction of parking lots and driveways; and any work to be done in the public parkway/right-of-way.
- A Zoning Certificate of Occupancy is required prior to occupancy of any non-residential building in the Village of Burr Ridge; Contact the Community Development Department or download the form by clicking: Zoning Certificate of Occupancy.
- A sign permit is required for new signs and any changes to existing signs. Changes to existing signs, including changing the sign face or text, require a permit and the sign must conform to the Village of Burr Ridge Sign Ordinance.
- Banners, pennants, streamers, balloon signs, and other portable or temporary signs are prohibited. A single sign advertising floor space for sale or lease is permitted but cannot exceed 12 square feet in area and 5 feet in height.
- Contact the Police Department and the local Fire District to register your security alarm and fire alarm systems.
- Contact the Village's Finance Department to ensure proper billing for your water service. The Finance Department may be contacted at (630) 654-8181, extension 203.
- Consider joining the Willowbrook/Burr Ridge Chamber of Commerce. The Chamber’s web site address is http://www.wbbrchamber.org. Their phone number is (630) 654-0909.
- Trash dumpsters kept outside of a building must be kept closed except when being used and must be located within an enclosed area behind the building.
- All manufacturing and industrial businesses must comply with the Performance Standards relative to noise, odors, and emissions as outlined in the Burr Ridge Zoning Ordinance. For a complete listing of performance standards, please refer to Section X.C of the Zoning Ordinance.
- Hours of operation in a Business (Retail) District are limited to 7 AM to 10 PM unless otherwise authorized by the Burr Ridge Board of Trustees via grant of a special use permit.
- Outside storage or display of products, materials, or equipment is prohibited unless specifically approved by the Village of Burr Ridge Board of Trustees via grant of a special use permit.
- Outside, overnight parking of trucks or trailers is prohibited except in a Manufacturing or Business District except that two delivery trucks not exceeding 24,000 lbs. apiece may be stored in the rear yard of the property out of sight of any adjacent residential areas.