Mickey Straub
Karen J. Thomas
Village Clerk
Steven S. Stricker
Village Administrator

Follow Us At:

Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q.'s)

  • Village Services
  • General Information
  • Mosquito Control
  • Coyote Sightings
  • Neighbor Complaints
  • New Residents
  • Other Taxing Bodies
  • Police
  • Regulations
  • Reverse 9-1-1 (Code Red)


Village Services

Will the Village remove a dead animal from my property?

The Public Works Department will remove dead animals from Village streets or parkways.  If the dead animal is located on private property, call either Cook County (708-974-6140) or DuPage County Animal Control (682-7197).  The Village does not have the equipment to handle wild animal relocations; however, there are animal and pest relocation firms listed in the phone book.

When does the Village plow streets?

The first streets plowed are the main thoroughfares, followed by secondary streets.  Cul-de-sacs are generally plowed last and are often done by outside contractors when snow is heavy or long hours have been worked.  Shoveling snow from driveways onto the street is illegal and cars parked on the street when snowfall is over 2" can be ticketed and towed since they impede plowing.  our regular snow plow drivers do their best to clear the streets as quickly and safely as possible and have radio contact with the Police Department to have illegally parked cars removed. To learn more about the Village's snow plow operations, click here.

How do I stop solicitors from visiting my home?

To avoid solicitors, residents should post a "No Solicitors" sign on their front door or other prominent location.  Signs are available at Village Hall for $3.00.  Solicitors are licensed in the Village of Burr Ridge, and their practices are legislated by ordinance.  In the event that a solicitor comes to your residence after you have posted a sign, notify the Police Department since this is a violation of Village Ordinance.  The Ordinance prohibits solicitation prior to 9 AM or after sunset on any weekday, before 9 AM and after 5 PM on Saturday, and any time on Sunday or a State or national holiday.  The Ordinance does not, however, apply to persons seeking contributions on behalf of charitable or religious organizations or when undertaken by a person under 16 years of age.

Who should I talk to and what do I need to do to hold a raffle?

Before you hold a raffle, be sure to obtain a license from the Village Board.  A license application can be downloaded from our Forms page. Please note that the Board of Trustees meets on the 2nd and forth Monday of the month and all license applications must be received one week prior to the Board meeting. 

Only not-for-profit organizations may conduct a raffle within the Village.  Applicants can be obtained at the Village Hall from the Clerk, Karen Thomas.  Be sure to specify on the application the following information: where, when and at what time the raffle chances will be sold as well as the time and place for the determination of the winning chance or chances.  For more information, stop by the Village Hall or call Karen Thomas at 654-8181, ext. 2030.

How can I found out if there are any special assessments on my property or speak to someone about my special assessment?

Call 654-8181, ext. 2030 during normal business hours for information about payments, balances and other information regarding special assessments. 

General Information

What is the population of Burr Ridge?

11,259 according to a June, 2006 special census.

What is the zip code for Burr Ridge?


Where is the closest airport? How do I get there?

Burr Ridge is approximately 13 miles from Midway airport and approximately 21 miles from O'Hare airport. 

Burr Ridge to Midway Airport:  Take I-55 North toward Chicago to the IL-50/Cicero Ave/4800 W Exit toward Midway Airport.  Turn right on to S. Cicero Ave/IL-50.

Burr Ridge to O'Hare Airport: Take I-55 North toward Chicago to I-294 North toward Wisconsin.  Take the I-90 West toward O'Hare.

How do I get to the Village Hall and Police Department?

Village Hall is located at 7660 S. County Line Road on the west side of the street.  The Police Department is located at 7700 S. County Line Road alson on the west side of the street.

From Plainfield Road, go south on County Line Road past Burr Ridge Parkway.  Turn right on 77th Street. The entrance to the Village Hall is on the right (north side of the street). The entrance to the Police Department is on the left (south) side of 77th Street.

From 79th, 83rd or 91st Streets, go north on County Line Road past the light at 79th Street.  Turn left on 77th Street.

Does the Village have a local access channel so I can view Board Meetings and other Village programming?

Yes.  Cable Channel 6 (Comcast) and 99 (AT&T) is reserved for broadcasting Board Meetings as well as the 24 hour Village Bulletin Board, which provides information on current events, board meetings, and other taxing bodies serving Burr Ridge. The Village can show programming and post messages for other taxing bodies that serve the residents of Burr Ridge, however, the Village does not permit programming/messages from either for-profit and not-for-profit groups. To view the Village's cable channel online, click here.

How do I obtain permission to hold a block party?

A petition containing signatures from at least 75% of the property owners/lessees adjacent to the affected streets must be submitted to the Village.  The application can be downloaded from our Forms page. The Village Administrator will review the request, consulting with the Police Department and Fire District to ensure that the street closure will not create a fire, traffic or public safety hazard.  The Public Works Department will drop off and pick up barricades that residents can use to close the street.  Streets cannot be closed for a period of more than 24 hours.  If you have questions, contact the Village Administrator at 654-8181.

Does PACE provide bus service to the Village?

Residents can utilize the PACE Park-n-Ride lot, east of County Line Square.  The Route 668 bus to the Hinsdale station and the Route 855 "I-55 Flyer" to Chicago's Loop make weekday morning and evening stops at Park-n-Ride.  The Route 668 bus operates on Garfield, 83rd Street, County Line Road, Chasemoor Drive, Carriage Way Drive, County Line Lane, Carriage Place and Plainfield Road.  Bus schedules are available at Village Hall.  For more information, contact Pace at (847) 364-7223.

Does the Village provide transportation to seniors and/or people with disabilities?

The Village offers a subsidized taxi program for residents who are at least 60 years old or who have a permanent disability.  The program, sponsored in conjunction with the DuPage County Inter-Agency Paratransit Coordinating Council, provides taxi service to any location in DuPage County in the Cook County portion of the Village 24 hours a day.  In addition, destination areas include O'Hare and Midway Airports, and that portion of Cook County bordered on the north by Madison Street, on the south by 111th Street, and on the east by Harlem Avenue.  Rides are paid for by registered participants using coupons purchased in advance from the Village for $2.50 each.  Each coupon is worth $5 of riding time.  To register, contact Karen Thomas, Village Clerk, at 654-8184, ext. 2030. Click here to learn more.

Who should I call to report a street light out?

If you notice a street light out, please call the Public Works Department at (630) 323-4733 to report its location and, if possible, pole number. You can also submit an online Service Request. If the pole or fixture has been damaged by an accident which has left wires exposed, there is a danger of electrocution and your report is especially important.  Please call the Police Department by dialing 9-1-1 to report the damage if the Village Hall is closed.

Mosquito Control

How do I report mosquito problems?

DuPage County residents can call 1-800-942-2555 to alert our contractor, Clarke Mosquito Control, of any mosquito problems. Additional information can be found on their web site at www.clarkemosquito.com.

Cook County residents can contact the Desplaines Valley Mosquito Abatement District at (708) 447-1765 to report any mosquito problems.

What does the Village do to control the mosquito population?

the Village contracts for mosquito control in DuPage County but the Desplaines Valley Mosquito Abatement District treats Cook County.

The Village's contract with Clarke Mosquito Control includes surveillance and monitoring, larval control, adult mosquito management, Ultra Low Volume treatments with Mosquitomist 1.0 or comparable insecticide when migratory adult mosquito monitoring thresholds are exceeded or when an encephalitis alert is issued, four catch basin control treatments and four helicopter applications complete the program, which begins in early spring.

Adulticiding is one of the four main components of an integrated pest management program advocated by the CDC and EPA. The four components include surveillance, larviciding, adulticiding and public education. Each of these has a significant role in minimizing the impact of mosquito-borne diseases. In lab and field tests, application of an adulticiding treatment can reduce affected mosquito populations between 20% and 80% with a single application, based on weather conditions.

Are mosquito control applications safe for humans?

The U.S. EPA has stated that while no pesiticde is 100% safe, chemicals used in adult mosquito control "have been evaluated for this use and found to pose minimal risks to human health and the environment when used according to label directions."

Are mosquito control applications safe for the environment?

According to the EPA, they assess "a wide variety of potential human health and environmental effects associated with use of the product." The EPA reviews research that identifies potential risks to humans, wildlife, fish and plants, as well as the potential for contaminating groundwater. To be approved for use as an adult control product, it must meet EPA requirements.

How can I help control the mosquito population?

Residents can help reduce the number of mosquitoes by eliminating sources of standing water where mosquitoes breed.

  • Dispose of any waste that could hold water, such as cans, containers and tires.
  • Drill holes in the bottom of trash receptacles and recycling bins.
  • Clean your roof gutters frequently and check storm drains and window wells for standing water.
  • Empty standing water from boats, trailers, toys, wheelbarrows and pots. Turn them over when not in use.
  • Do not allow water to stagnate in swimming pools, water gardens, ornamental pools or birdbaths. Ornamental pools should be aerated or stocked with fish.
  • Inspect and change the landscape of your property to eliminate any standing water. In warm weather, mosquitoes can breed in any puddle of water.


Coyote Encounters & Prevention Measures

Reported sightings of coyotes have increased in the Chicagoland area. 

The Burr Ridge Police Department is releasing this safety information in the event a verified sighting should occur.  The coyote has adapted to living on the borders of urban areas because it is no longer a hunted animal. It has lost its fear of humans because of this. As trees are torn down coyotes cling to whatever woodland areas they find. The coyote habitat has become fragmented so the area where coyotes are often sighted may seem unusual.

They are sometimes seen during daylight hours predominately from dusk to dawn. Coyotes are often described as having a German Shepard-like appearance. They have long-thin legs, tapered muzzle and long pointed ears. Their fur ranges from dull yellow to gray. Adult males weight approximately 25-40 pounds while the females are smaller. The peak of their breeding season is late February to early March. In April and May, the pups are born with an average of 5 to 7 in a litter. Scientists have identified 11 different kinds of vocalizations, making them great communicators. Although they normally live in packs, they can live alone, in pairs or in a temporary family group.

The majority of the coyote diet consists of small rodents, rabbits, and mice; however, they sometimes do eat birds, reptiles, fish, and deer carcasses. This may be why they wander into yards. Spilled birdseed attracts animals which then attracts the coyote. Areas with abundant tall grass offer the coyote not only protection but also a large food source because of the smaller wildlife that co-exists there. When their preferred food source is scarce, they may eat berries, insects, and even garden vegetables. Pet food left out at night not only feeds raccoons and opossum but their hunter as well, the coyote. In this sense, the coyote maintains a control on the wildlife population.

Small dogs left unattended and off leash can fall victim to a coyote but soon discarded when it is discovered they are not part of their regular diet. Unfortunately, because of the dog’s size and/or health, they may incur serious injury. Their chance of survival does increase if the animal is found shortly after the incident. Too often, because the animal was unattended, the owner may not even realize it is missing or where it was left behind.

Prevent Coyote Encounters

  • Like other wildlife, we need to understand they are living next to us because their natural habitat is disappearing. 
  • The leash law is enforced not only because it is a village ordinance, but also for the safety of your pets. It not only protects them from encounters with wildlife but from other domestic animals as well. We often have incidents of dogs being bitten by other dogs running loose.
  • Do not provide food sources for the coyotes. Do not attempt to feed coyotes. Keep trash securely contained. Do not leave any outside food for pets. Clear away any brush or wood piles to deter smaller wildlife from residing there. Consider fencing in yards.  Install motion light sensors. Animal proof decks and porches to prevent raccoons, opossum, skunks and other small wildlife from residing there. This is like a buffet table for the coyote which makes him return to this yard over and over again.
  • Teach your children to respect wildlife as well as not approach them. Do not leave small children unattended. Unfortunately, a child may perceive the coyote as a dog and may think of petting him.
  • Never leave smaller pets unattended. Larger dogs may be perceived by the coyote as a threat. Always have a responsible person walk your leashed dog. If a coyote does approach, act aggressively, make loud noises, throw rocks, spray with a hose, etc. Although the response may not be immediate, the coyote will leave. If the coyote approaches, it is out of curiosity.
  • It is unrealistic to think we can rid our urban areas of coyote, raccoons, opossum, skunk, or other wildlife. Even if 5 or 10 coyote are removed, there are countless others that migrate or are born every year. Studies conducted by DNR and the Cook County Wildlife District have shown that coyotes attempt to return to the habitat they were removed from.
  • We, as intelligent human beings, need to learn to live in harmony with all our wildlife friends and realize that we have displaced them.

The question has also been asked as to why the police department will not capture and remove these animals. According to the Illinois Department of Natural Resources, trying to reduce and control the coyote population will not work. The void created by a coyote’s death or removal will be filled within three to four weeks. Coyotes are also intelligent animals and very difficult to catch in a live trap. Traps successfully used to capture coyotes are “snare” or “leg hold” traps which are dangerous to children as well as adults. Unless an animal has demonstrated aggressiveness toward a human or a domestic pet, the coyote should be left alone. In the event of aggressiveness, an Illinois Department of Natural Resources licensed trapper should be contacted to address the problem animal.

If you observe any animal that appears to be injured, sick or displaying aggressive behavior, please call the Burr Ridge Police Department at 630-323-8181 or 911. 

Neighbor Complaints

My neighbor hasn't mowed the yard and the grass is very high. Whom should I call?

Contact Village Hall at 654-8181 during normal business hours (Monday - Friday, 8 AM to 5 PM) to report the problem or report it online using our Service Request system.  Please have ready the address of the property you believe is in violation of Village code.  A service request will be generated and Village staff will notify the property owner if grass is taller than what Village Code permits.  If the property owner fails to mow the grass in 5 days the Village will have the property mowed by a contractor and the owner will be billed. 

My neighbor's yard is full of trash/junk/debris. Whom should I call?

Contact Village Hall at 654-8181 during normal business hours (Monday - Friday, 8 AM to 5 PM) to report the problem or report it online using our Service Request system.  Please have ready the address of the property you believe is in violation of Village code as well as the location and nature of trash/junk/debris.   

My neighbor's activity is creating a lot of noise. Whom should I call?

Please dial 9-1-1 to request the presence of a police officer.

New Residents

I just moved to Burr Ridge. What should I do?

New residents should remember to register to vote, set up water billing in your name and arrange for trash pick-up.

Does the Village have a real estate transfer tax?


Do I need to purchase a Village vehicle sticker?

Vehicle stickers are not required, however, some residents find it advantageous to have one.  Residents can therefore purchase a sticker at the Police Department for $1.

Other Taxing Bodies

In what county/township do I live?

Burr Ridge is located in Cook and DuPage Counties.  County Line Road is the east/west dividing line.  Residents east of County Line Road are in Cook County (Lyons Township) while those west of County Line Road are in DuPage County (Downers Grove Township).

Where is my local post office?

A carrier annex is located at 7140 S. Monroe in Willowbrook.  The facility provides delivery service to Willowbrook, Burr Ridge and Darien.  Although the 29,500 square foot building does not include a retail facility, there is a customer service desk and stamp machines in the foyer.  Residents can pick up parcels and other held mail at the facility.  The Carrier Annex can be reached at (630) 323-3950.  Bulk mail must still be taken to the facility at 1314 Kensington in Oak Brook.  Full service post offices are located in Oak Brook and Hinsdale, at Garfield and Burlington.

Where can I obtain information about the assessed valuation of my property?

Contact the assessor of the Township in which your property is located for more information about its assessed valuation.  The Downers Grove Township Assessor can be reached at 968-2100.  The Lyons Township Assessor can be reached at (708) 482-8300.

How do I contact my state and United States Representatives and Senators?

Visit our Links page to access the web sites of your representatives.

Who should I call to obtain a birth/death certificate?

Residents should call the Clerk's Office of the County in which the person was born or deceased.  To reach the Cook County Clerk's office, dial (312) 603-5656.  To reach the DuPage County Clerk's office, dial (630) 682-7035.

How can I obtain a Library Card?

Although Burr Ridge does not have its own library, some properties are part of the Indian Prairie Library District.  All Burr Ridge residents may obtain a library card for a fee from either the Hinsdale or Indian Prairie Library.  Under state law, these fees are revised each July based on a formula that determines the average amount residents pay in property taxes to the library.  For further information, call the Hinsdale Library at 986-1976 or Indian Prairie at 887-8760.

What Park Districts Serve Burr Ridge?

Village residents are served by one of two park districts: the Burr Ridge Park District and the Pleasant Dale Park District.  Each district is a separate taxing body and is independent of the Village.  Each has its own elected Board of Trustees, administrative staff, budget and tax levy.  The park district serving your area can provide information on Little League and other programs.  Contact the Burr Ridge Park District at 920-1969 and the Pleasant Dale Park District at 662-6220. To determine which Park District you belong to, visit the GIS web page and view the Village map for more information.

To which Fire Protection District do I belong?

The Tri-State Fire Protection District serves all areas of Burr Ridge west of County Line road and south of Plainfield Road.  To contact the District for non-emergencies, call (630) 323-6445.  In case of emergency, dial 9-1-1.

The Pleasantview Fire Protection District serves all areas east of County Line Road plus both the east and west sides of County Line Road north of Plainfield Road.  To contact the District for non-emergencies, call (708) 352-9229.  In case of emergency, dial 9-1-1.

Which school districts serve Burr Ridge? To which districts do I belong?

Burr Ridge residents are served by various school districts. To view a complete listing, please visit the Village's Links page. To determe which district your home address is in, please visit the GIS web page and view the Village map for more information.


Who should I call to obtain a copy of an accident report?

Requests for police reports should be made in person at the Burr Ridge Police Department. Copies of most accident reports are available upon request. These reports are free to Village Residents and at 18 cents per page to non-residents. Copies of accident reports involving reconstruction of the accident are available at a cost of $25 each after the reconstruction is complete. Copies of accident reports involving crimes or deaths are subject to the rules cited under the Freedom of Information Act (Illinois Compiled Statutes, 5 ILCS 140/1-7). Other types of reports may be obtained by filing a Freedom of Information (FOIA) request. These reports will be released according to the provisions outline in the Act. The cost for these reports is 18 cents per page. The Chief of Police reviews all reports released under the FOIA.

When should I call 9-1-1?

Call 9-1-1 for all medical emergencies, fires, or emergencies.  Call 9-1-1 to report a crime in progress that you are aware, if you observe a crime happening, a crime is committed against you, or you just witnessed a crime. Call 9-1-1 to report suspicious vehicles, persons or activities you have observed. Call 9-1-1 any time you wish to request the presence of a police officer.

What should I do if I hear the tornado siren?

Unless you have an emergency that requires assistance, please do not call 9-1-1 or the non-emergency number to inquire about the sirens. If you hear the sirens then seek proper shelter and listen to your television or radio for updates. If you have any weather related questions call the National Weather Service 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. at 815-834-1435 or check online at www.nws.noaa.gov.

What if I have other questions for the Police Department?

Please call our non-emergency number (630) 323-8181 for any other questions.


Where is smoking permitted/prohibited in the Village?

As of July 8, 2006, smoking is banned in all enclosed public places, places of employment within Burr Ridge, all Village vehicles and buildings, and certain unenclosed public places such as the seating areas of outdoor arenas and school grounds. It also bans smoking within 15 feet of public parks and recreation areas, public entrances, open air dining areas and outdoor venues while an event is taking place.

The ordinance does not prohibit smoking in private residences, rooms rented for the purpose of living or sleeping quarters, outdoor parades and picnics (defined as six or more people), and it excludes any person who is temporarily in such an area for the purpose of walking or traversing through such area. To view a copy of the Ordinance, please visit the Administration Department's page to view the Village's municipal code.

When is lawn sprinkling permitted?

Lawn sprinkling restrictions are in effect for all communities receiving Lake Michigan water from May 15 to September 15.  Residents north of 83rd Street may sprinkle Monday, Thursday and Saturday from Midnight to Noon and 6 PM to Midnight.  Residents south of 83rd Street may sprinkle Tuesday, Friday and Sunday during the same times.  No sprinkling is permitted on Wednesdays or any day from Noon to 6 PM.  Residents using private wells are not subject to restricted hours, but should notify the police that a well is in use.  Residents can obtain permits for more frequent lawn sprinkling only in the case of new sod installations. 

What are the curfew hours in Burr Ridge?

Parents are reminded that teens under 18 are subject to curfew restrictions between the hours of 11 p.m. and 6 a.m. Sunday through Thursday, and between midnight and 6 a.m. on weekends. Teens in violation of curfew are also subject to suspension of driving privileges. Please know where your teens are going and with whom.

Does Burr Ridge require a business license?

No, but businesses must have a Zoning Certificate of Occupancy (ZCO).  There is a one-time $50 to obtain the certificate.  For more information, contact the Community Development Department by calling (630) 654-8181. To download a copy of the ZCO application, please visit our Forms page.

Is the Municipal Code available online?

Yes. Please visit the Administration Department's page to view the Burr Ridge Municipal Code.

Is the Zoning, Building and/or Subdivision Ordinance available online?

Yes. Please visit the Comunity Development Department's Zoning Regulations page to view theses Ordinances.

Are building/construction permit applications available online?

Yes. Please visit the Forms page to view downloadable forms.

Are contractors required to be licensed to work in Burr Ridge?

Contractors are not required to be licensed in Burr Ridge; however, when installing or upgrading a water service, the plumber has to provide a copy of their Illinois plumbing license.

Do I need a permit to have a garage sale?  Can I put up signs to advertise it?

Permits are not required to hold a garage sale and there are no regulations regarding the days a garage sale may be held. Residents may advertise the sale with signs in the public right-of-way (ROW) as long as they adhere to the Village's regulations.  Signs are only permitted between the hours of 9 AM and 6 PM, Saturdays and Sundays.  The public ROW typically extends 16 feet from the back of a curb.  For a copy of the municipal code regulations that apply to signs in the public right-of-way, click here.

What are the rules regarding dogs and cats in the Village? Do I need a license?

Dogs and cats are prohibited from running at large in Burr Ridge and Village Code requires that someone clean up after them.  Any dog running at large off the premises and not under the control of the owner will be impounded by the police.  The owner may be issued a citation that might require a court appearance.  Dogs must have a rabies tag from a veterinarian and be registered in accordance with County regulations.  The Village does not require a license for dogs or cats.

The Village does not impound stray or feral cats.  Instead, a shelter or humane society or animal relocation service should be called.

Are electronic dog fences allowed?

The Village does not regulate electronic/invisible dog fences.  However, they may not be installed in the public right-of-way.  Residents with such fences are encouraged to post a sign on the front lawn warning passersby that the dog is restrained by an electronic fence.  The installer usually provides such a sign.  Electronic dog fences installed in the public right-of-way will not be repaired by the Village if they are damaged by the Village.

During what hours is construction permitted?

Construction work performed on the outside of any enclosed structure, or anywhere on any structure not completely enclosed is permitted only during the following times: Monday through Friday, 7 AM to 7 PM, and Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 5 PM.

Can I park a trailer, boat or motor home on my property?

Property owners may only park one trailer, mobile home, motor home or boat in the rear yard of the lot, provided it is no wider than 8.5 feet and no longer than 35 feet.  Major repair and rebuilding of a boat stored in the rear yard is not permitted. 

What kind of mailbox is permitted?

Mailboxes must be installed on either a wooden post or a light-gauge hollow metal pipe.  Mailbox supports must be constructed to promote breakaway, bending or yielding upon impact of a vehicle.  Rigid and oversized supports such as masonry columns, stone or brick columns, solid concrete supports, barrels filled with concrete, etc. are prohibited.

What is the public right-of-way (ROW)?  Do I need a permit to perform work in the ROW?

The public right-of-way is typically 16 feet from the back of the curb.  It includes the street and parkway located between your front or corner property line and the curb or edge of pavement.  Any work being done in the public right-of-way requires a permit from the Village before work begins.  To download a copy of the ROW permit application please visit our Forms page. Examples of such work include driveway resurfacing, new driveways, utility connections and excavation.  For information about permit costs and requirements, contact the Community Development Department at (630) 654-8181.

Do I need a permit for my home improvement project?

Building permits are required for certain home improvement including room additions, basement remodeling, interior alterations that include plumbing work, electrical work, or new walls, and for accessory structures such as fences, pools, gazebos, decks and back-up generators. 

What are the regulations for driveways?

All driveways in residential neighborhoods must be at least two feet from the side lot lines and must not be less than 9 feet wide and not more than 22 feet wide, measured at the front property line.  The combined width of the driveways on a property may not exceed 36 feet.  All driveways must be finished with a hard surface.

Is open burning permitted in the Village?

No.  Open burning for the disposal of trash or landscape waste is prohibited by Village Code and the BOCA National Fire Prevention Code.

What is considered a commercial vehicle?  What are the regulations regarding the parking of commercial vehicles in residential areas?

Commercial vehicles are defined as any vehicle with a license greater than Class B, any vehicle with commercial lettering or logos displayed, any vehicle with attached auxiliary equipment such as snow plows, equipment racks, etc., any vehicle containing commercial cargo, and cargo vans lacking side windows and rear seats.  In all residential districts of the Village, commercial vehicles must be parked inside a garage or building overnight.  Outside, overnight parking of commercial vehicles is prohibited and subject to a fine. To learn more about residential parking restrictions, pleas visit the Building & Zoning page.

What are the overnight parking regulations in the Village?

Please be advised that parking is not permitted between the hours of 2 a.m and 6 a.m. within the Village.

Reverse 9-1-1 (Code Red)

What is CodeRED?

The CodeRED Emergency Notification System is a fast communication service that allows the Village of Burr Ridge to notify residents of an emergency situation. It enables the Village to provide mass notification quickly and easily.

How will I benefit from this service?

THe high-speed telephone system allows the Village to contact participants to provide information about a critical situation and what action needs to be taken.

How does it work?

CodeRED delivers the message through a high-speed telephone calling system to phone numbers inputted in the system. Village staff can access CodeRED through a secure portal on the web. A call area is identified by street addresses. Telephone numbers are matched up electronically to the addresses and a pre-recorded message is sent out via the telephone.

What should I do if I receive a CodeRED message?

Listen carefully. Following instructions. Don't hang up until you hear the whole message as it will not be releated. DO NOT call 9-1-1 unless you are instructed to do so; you will only tie up emergency lines.

What does a CodeRED message sound like?

THe message will begin with a statement advising that the message is from the Village of Burr Ridge. The remaining information will inform you of the situation including how and if you are to respond. For example, you may be directed to shelter in place, evacuate your home or tune to a local radio or television station for more information.

What is CodeRED used for?

CodeRED is used for significant incidents and events where the timely notification of an affected population or geographic area is essential.

Is CodeRED the only means of notification?

No. CodeRED is only part of the notification process. Other tools include the Village’s web page, and media outlets like local television and radio stations. Residents are always encouraged to tune into local media outlets for the latest information.

Will CodeRED be used for all emergency notifications?

Yes. Examples of times when the CodeRED system could be utilized: drinking water contamination, utility outage, evacuation notice & route, missing person, fires or floods, bomb threat, hostage situation, chemical spill or gas leak and other emergency incidents where rapid and accurate notification is essential for life safety.

Will CodeRED be used for any non-emergency notifications?

Yes. The system may be used to notify citizens of non-emergency situations as necessary and appropriate.

What if I am not home or cannot answer my phone?

The CodeRED system will record messages to voicemail and answering machines. When there is no answer at a telephone number, CodeRED will attempt to deliver messages three times before deleting from the queue.

How will CodeRED appear on my caller ID?

If you have caller ID installed on your phone, the CodeRED call may display as an "unknown caller", however, the number will be 999-911-9999. Please make a note of this and do not disregard calls from this number!