- Who should I call to obtain a copy of an accident report?
- When should I call 9-1-1?
- What should I do if I hear the tornado siren?
- What if I have other questions for the Police Department?
- Are there any overnight parking restrictions?
Who should I call to obtain a copy of an accident report?
Requests for police reports should be made in person at the Burr Ridge Police Department. Copies of most accident reports are available upon request. These reports are free to Village Residents and at 18 cents per page to non-residents. Copies of accident reports involving reconstruction of the accident are available at a cost of $25 each after the reconstruction is complete. Copies of accident reports involving crimes or deaths are subject to the rules cited under the Freedom of Information Act (Illinois Compiled Statutes, 5 ILCS 140/1-7). Other types of reports may be obtained by filing a Freedom of Information (FOIA) request. These reports will be released according to the provisions outline in the Act. The cost for these reports is 18 cents per page. The Chief of Police reviews all reports released under the FOIA.
When should I call 9-1-1?
Call 9-1-1 for all medical emergencies, fires, or emergencies. Call 9-1-1 to report a crime in progress that you are aware, if you observe a crime happening, a crime is committed against you, or you just witnessed a crime. Call 9-1-1 to report suspicious vehicles, persons or activities you have observed. Call 9-1-1 any time you wish to request the presence of a police officer.
What should I do if I hear the tornado siren?
Unless you have an emergency that requires assistance, please do not call 9-1-1 or the non-emergency number to inquire about the sirens. If you hear the sirens then seek proper shelter and listen to your television or radio for updates. If you have any weather related questions call the National Weather Service 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. at 815-834-1435 or check online at www.nws.noaa.gov.
What if I have other questions for the Police Department?
Please call our non-emergency number (630) 323-8181 for any other questions.
Are there any overnight parking restrictions?
Parking on village streets is prohibited between the hours of 2:00 am and 6:00 am - violators will be ticketed. If you need to park your vehicle overnight you must contact the Police department during business hours by phone at (630) 323-8181 or submit your request using this online form.
- Requests must be received prior to 2:00am cutoff.
- Overnight parking requests received AFTER 2 am may be subject to citation.
- Overnight parking will not be granted when there is two inches or more of snow fall.
- Overnight Parking is prohibited in pre-designated areas of the Village. Requests to park in these areas will be denied automatically by the use of this online form.
- Overnight Parking permission does not exempt any other Village parking regulations.