Chapter 12 of the Burr Ridge Municipal Code requires a right-of-way permit for most work to be performed in the public right-of-way. The public right-of-way includes the street and the area between the front lot line and the street (typically, the area 15 feet inside the curb is located in the public right-of-way). Examples of projects that require a right-of-way permit include utility hook-ups, excavation in the street or parkway, modifications to driveways that include the removal or addition of curbs or driveway pavement, tree planting, and any work that requires a J.U.L.I.E. locate (marking of underground utilities). Examples of work that do not require a right-of-way permit include construction or maintenance of sprinkler systems, mailbox installations, seal coating of driveways, and any work concurrently authorized by another permit issued for an adjoining property.

If you have further questions about a right-of-way permit or any other permits, please contact one of the following staff members:

Michelle Mahlan, Building and Zoning Assistant
mmahlan@burr-ridge.gov; (630) 654-8181, extension 3010

Evan Walter, Assistant Village Administrator
ewalter@burr-ridge.gov; (630) 654-8181, ext. 2010

Return to Building Permits Page