Home Occupation

The Village of Burr Ridge Zoning Ordinance allows certain business activities on residential properties that are conducted by the residents of the property and are clearly incidental and secondary to the principal residential use. Although a permit, business license or other Village approval is NOT required for a home occupation, all home occupations must comply with the specific regulations contained in section IV.R of the Zoning Ordinance. Those regulations may be downloaded under the quick links section.

If you have further questions about home occupations please contact:

Michelle Mahlan, Building and Zoning Assistant
mmahlan@burr-ridge.gov; (630) 654-8181, extension 3010

     Evan Walter, Assistant Village Administrator
ewalter@burr-ridge.gov; (630) 654-8181, ext. 2010

Return to Zoning Regulations Page