Annual Police Reports

Annual Police Reports can be found here


Where do I get copies of the accident report?

The Burr Ridge Police Department has partnered with LexisNexis to provide quick, secure, online access to copies of your accident report. You can quickly access and download a copy of the report here.
I've been involved in an accident, what do I do?
All accidents involving property damage or injuries must be reported to the police immediately. The Burr Ridge police officer investigating this accident will provide you with the information you need. Check to make sure the information is correct.
What should the Motorist Report form contain?
The Motorist Report Form should contain:
  • Date
  • Time
  • Location
  • Accident Report Number
  • Names, addresses, telephone numbers, and insurance policies of all drivers involved.
Why are there blank sections on my accident report?
There may be blank boxes on your report form because these are for internal use or do not apply to your accident. Police officers are not required to complete narratives or diagrams on all accident reports.
What about tickets issued by a police officer?
If the other driver receives a traffic ticket, then you do not have to appear in court unless notified by the Burr Ridge Police Department. If you receive a traffic ticket, then two copies of the ticket will be issued to you:

  1. Violator's Copy (red copy). This is your copy to keep as a receipt; it explains the violation and serves as a record for your bond.
  2. Court Communication Copy (blue copy). Using the back of this copy of the ticket, you must select a not guilty or guilty plea and mail it back to the court.
You then have three options:
  1. Plead Guilty - Send the required fine to the court via mail.
  2. Plead Not Guilty - Request a trial date using the court communication copy
  3. Traffic School/Court Supervision - Complete traffic school requirements

Is it Illegal....?

Can I set off fireworks?
Most fireworks are illegal to use in Illinois. The Illinois Pyrotechnic Use Act (PUA) bans the sale, possession, and use of all consumer fireworks that include, but are not limited to:
  • Blank cartridges
  • Firecrackers
  • Torpedoes
  • Sky Rockets
  • Roman Candles
  • Toy Cannons using explosives
  • Balloons w/ fire
  • Highly charged fireworks
  • Fireworks or tablets with an explosive compound
Consumer fireworks bought legally in Indiana, and other states become illegal when transported into Illinois.